FULL MOON SACRED CACAO, SHARING CIRCLE & SOUND HEALING
NEED TO KNOW EVENT DETAILS:
- Venue: Clapham Junction (address to be sent on confirmation)
- Date: Friday 17th May 2019
- Time: 6pm – 8:30pm
- Price: £30
- LIVE music with Ed Pratt
SAVE YOUR SPOT:
Booking is essential and no refunds are available.
- Please drink plenty of water the day before and day of ceremony.
- No food directly before and have a light breakfast.
- No Coffee on the day and try to refrain from alchol the night before to get the most out of the experince
- Bring an item for the alter if you wish.
- Journal and pen to write down anything that arises
- Cacao works subtelty and the process can last for days, keep a journal of thoughts, feeling and dreams in the coming days. I personally have done very profound dream work with cacao.
- This superfood is rich in antioxidants, magnesium but it packs a hefty punch in naturally-occurring, consciousness-altering components such as endorphins, anandamide, histamine, magnesium, arginine, phenylethylamine (PEA), serotonin, theobromine, dopamine, tryptophan, and tyramine.
- Anandamide - "The Bliss Molecule” is one of the most powerful endogenous neurotransmitter chemicals because of it’s profound capacity to alter consciousness and activate the heart centre. Anandamide is at the very heart of cacao alchemy as a sacred medicine helper.
CONTRAINDICATIONS AND PRECAUTIONS:
- Certain anti-depressants are contra-indicated with the tyramine in cacao, so we recommend checking your meds first. MAOI based anti-depressants are contra-indicated with chocolate, so a larger dose of cacao is not recommended. MAOI based anti-depressants are first generation anti-depressants and are less common these days. People taking them are on a restricted diet that includes limiting or avoiding chocolate, so they should know if they can consume or not. Side effects could include more serious headache and nausea, so make sure to check medications first.
- Serious heart conditions. The theobromine in cacao increases heart rate significantly and is a vasodilator, lowering blood pressure. If you have such a condition, consider consulting a physician and certainly go lighter on amounts.
- Pregnancy & breastfeeding. Like coffee or tea, it is important to reduce the intake of stimulating foods. The theobromine in cacao, which is very similar to caffeine, has a stimulating effect. Thus we recommend using lower dosages (ex. a maximum of 1oz in a ceremonial drink).